Sunday, August 30, 2009

I was there. Again.

Living in D.C. I find that I have a lot of opportunities to say, "I was there."

The beautiful thing is that it doesn't take a lot of effort because things come here, I don't have to go far to be there.

Yesterday Matt and I went for a bike ride. On the way to our intended destination (to watch the airplanes take off and land at DCA) we were side-tracked by the crowds of people along Constitution Avenue. Matt recalled a news article he had read earlier about Senator Kennedy's motorcade making its way from Boston to DC. We decided to stick around to see this historical event and yet another opportunity to say, "I was there."



As we stood along the roadside, we saw the motorcade approaching. There were dozens of police cars and motorcycles, a few black towncars and then the hearse. With flags over the Capitol flying at half-staff, his hearse and the motorcade, including two large busses, stopped outside the Senate where he served for 47 years. We watched as they got out and posed for this photo.



I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment