Sunday, October 4, 2009

Leslie was right. I need a hobby.

Well, she usually is right but this time she was right about something I didn't foresee.


About a year ago she told me I would need a hobby once the wedding was over. As she predicted I spent 11 months concerned with every detail of wedding planning (and believe me, there were more details than I care to recall). And now that it is all over and I am a happily married woman....now what? I should have spare time on my hands right? Well, luckily the job kicked it up a notch so that has filled the "gap" so to speak. But, it is not just about filling spare time...it is more about finding a creative outlet....and a passion.


You have probably already figured out what I chose - photography. Matt and I have been looking at cameras for a few months and with the help of one of my personal fave photographers (my wedding photographer, Kenzie!) we picked one. He bought me a few books, too, and off I went - snappin' away in my neighborhood this weekend. This is more complicated than I first imagined (f-stop? aperture priority mode? good glass? GOOD LORD...) but I am excited to learn a new skill.


I hope you will put up with me and at least glance at my work from time to time! I promise it will get better as I learn more and practice. I need models so if you want to get your picture taken let me know!!! In true Marketing-Marni fashion I have my own branding for my work so if you want to keep up with me you can "Fan me" on Facebook (Madilun Photography) or check out my "strictly photos" blog (http://www.madilun.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment