Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The next 90 days

I figure that if I put this in writing someone (maybe you) will hold me accountable.

The next 90 days I will embark on P90X. For those who are familiar, I am opting for the lean version (http://www.beachbody.com/ "P90X Lean is for those who want more cardio and a slightly less intensive program. Make no mistake, this is the real deal and no picnic!").
Here is phase 1 (weeks 1-3):


  • Sat– Core Synergistics
  • Sun – Cardio X

  • Mon – Shoulders and Arms + Ab Ripper X

  • Tues- Yoga X

  • Wed – Legs and Back + Ab Ripper X

  • Thurs– Kenpo X

  • Fri– Rest !!!!

Today was day 1 -- Yoga X for an "easy" start. Friday's are my rest day (sushi and wine, for sure). My goals for the program are:


1) I want to be able to do a pull up (yes, one single pull up). Now this was originally the goal for the wedding which never came to be but I have got to give it another go...perhaps p90x will do the trick


2) Endurance boost - my workouts to this point have been short so I want to build my cardio endurance to keep up with Tina at her races (or maybe at least finish a race). So, the goal here is to be able to run in a race with Christina at the end of the 90 days. A 5K will do but a 10K will be a big win. If Heather can do a 1/2 marathon in December, I ought to be able to do this, eh?


3) I have already replaced my wardrobe once this year. I gave away all my clothes that didn't fit for good reason - I NEVER WANT TO WEAR THEM AGAIN. My 3rd goal is to maintain my current clothing size....even as winter approaches and the layers hide more :-)


Anyone want to play along? C'mon, I just need one partner for this fun adventure...


No comments:

Post a Comment