Sunday, September 27, 2009

Only missing a theme song



Matt and I went to the Great Frederick Fair yesterday. Woo hoo!



It was great -- we saw the piggies and their babies and the big ole ox and the sheepsies and the llamas and the hens and the roosters and the bunnies .... and half of my relatives from Frederick county. Seriously....we found Ray and Marcie with ribs and root beer floats, Aunt Rose with Norma hangin out at the ice cream stand, and Becky was runnin' the show of course.

We ate ourselves silly. Let's see - hot cocoa, then a foot long corn dog, followed by Maryland crab soup, corn fritters, a funnel cake and a candy apple for the road. I have a tummy ache.

The only thing missing was a catchy theme song like the one I miss so dearly from the Alachua County Fair....I scoured the Internet and have come up empty handed - DOES ANYONE HAVE THE TUNE??? "It's magical! It's wonderful! It's all right there . . . The Alachua County Fair! We're goin' to the Fair....the Alachua County Fair...."

Enjoy the photos:



http://picasaweb.google.com/MarniLun/FrederickFair?feat=directlink

1 comment:

  1. I too have been looking for the fair song (which is how I came to this post). You can hear it on the actual fair site: alachuacountyfair.org, but I'm trying to get it in a separate audio file so I can spread the love of the fair song.

    ReplyDelete